The Early Years and School Age Care Sector workforce includes a broad range of jobs, study and career options to explore.
- You may choose to work in an entry level position or early career job that best fits your current interests and strengths and continue to build your portfolio of skills through professional learning or accredited study.
- You may transition to a job in the Sector, bringing with you skills and knowledge from a previous role/s. There are more than 1000 different occupations in Australia and many involve similar skills, day to day tasks and work environments (some of which are surprising)
- Some peoples initial introduction to the Early Years and School Age Care Sector is through study. On average people who have gained relevant paid experience in the sector while studying have sped up their transition to full-time work significantly.
Is this the career for you? Take this quick quiz!
This is just a small sample of possible job roles and programs within the Early Years and School Age Care Sector…
- Long Day Care; early childhood teacher, educator, room leader, director, cook, cleaner
- Outside School Hours Care; program leader, educator
- Family Day Care; educator, business owner, field worker
- In Home Care ; educator, co-ordinator
- Child and Family Centre; program leader, family liaison
- Occasional Care; educator, manager
- Early years of school; teacher, teachers aide, principal, librarian
- Educating and training for childhood professionals
- Policy, regulation and assessment
- Allied Health Practitioners
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander programs
- Home based programs
- Volunteer settings
- Play Groups
- Outreach and mobile services
- Hospital based programs
- Early intervention services
- Launch into Learning